Friday, November 03, 2006

I've no fitness problems: Sania

Putting behind her not-so-eventful year, tennis sensation Sania Mirza today said she had no fitness problems and was ready to play any number of tournaments.

"I have no fitness problems. It (fitness) is pretty good despite my busy schedule last year," Sania, who last played in Bangkok, told reporters here.

During the Sunfeast Open WTA Tour event in Kolkata, Sania had said fitness was not her forte.

Sania said her trainer Heath Mathew would arrive soon from South Africa and things may change for good, hopes the from city.

"My trainer Heath Mathew would be arriving soon from South Africa and we will plan future things but as of now, I have no fitness problems," she said.

Sania, country's sole WTA title winner, agreed the year gone by was a "disappointment" for her but said she had started practicing from last three days back and would soon catch up with the Tour events.

"Yes, maybe I did not win any titles during the past year but we cannot expect to win tournaments every year. One year I am up and the other I am not."

No comments: