Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sania enjoyed watching cricket

NEW DELHI: Sania Mirza might be a renowned name in women's tennis but it's cricket that sets her pulse racing. Therefore it comes as no surprise when she exults at India's historic win over Australia and finds Sachin Tendulkar's milestone of becoming the leading Test scorer inspiring.
Sania, who is in the Capital for the treatment of her chronic wrist injury, said she thoroughly enjoyed India's 320-run record win at Mohali on Tuesday. "Cricket has been my first love. It was great to see India winning over the best team in the world with such a big margin," said the Hyderabadi, who has been practising at the Delhi Lawn Tennis Association (DLTA).
Asked how she felt when her favourite cricketer Sachin bested West Indian Brian Lara's record she said: "It is very inspiring, not only for myself but for every cricket follower. Sachin is one of the best cricketer of the world, so it is a proud moment for everyone. I messaged to congratulate him."
The 21-year-old says she is recovering well from her wrist injury.
"It has been tough mentally for me. It was painful not to play at the US open as I have always done well there. But I am a person who likes to take positives from every situation. But I have not set a date for myself to return on the circuit."
"Hopefully, I should be back for the Hong Kong event," Sania said who will be flying back to Hyderabad on Thursday.

No comments: