Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sania big fan of Steffi Graf

Las Vegas, for Sania Mirza, was a week of heavy work and a chance meeting. The Indian star ran into her childhood idol, the legendary German Steffi Graf, at Gil Reyes' training centre and was at a loss for words.

"I'd just finished practice and was walking back to the car with my father, we were going back to the hotel. That's when I spotted Steffi coming my way. She was just a few yards away. She was coming in for a hit herself," an excited Sania said.

"I've always been a great admirer of Steffi," said Sania, who like her idol enjoys dominating matches with her forehand. "I felt like a fan when I met her. This was my first meeting with her. She was so nice," Sania said of Graf.

"She introduced herself and enquired about my practice session. I just about managed to mumble something."

No comments: