Wednesday, November 16, 2005

How does it matter whether my skirt is 6 ft or 6 inch: Sania

Tennis sensation Sania Mirza finally broke her silence on the controversy over his on-court attire, saying "what I do at home, what I wear, is no one else's business." "How does it matter whether my skirt is six feet long or six inches," Sania said at the 'Hindustan Times Leadership Summit' here today.

A Muslim cleric had issued a few weeks ago fatwa over the 19-year old wearing short skirts while playing.

Sania said that she would not have had 10 per cent of the attention she was getting now if she were living in Russia.

Speaking on the occasion, India's only Formula One driver Narain Karthikeyan said it did not worry him whether he would lose his celebrity status and be forgotten.

"If I am to be forgotten, so be it, because I have been there, done that," said Karthikeyan who was yet to sign a deal to drive in 2006.

Karthikeyan expressed hope that more and more youngsters from the country would follow him and take up motorsports.

No comments: