Thursday, November 17, 2005

When Sachin met Sania...

THE TIMES OF INDIA
This was the first meeting between the two icons. We bring you the details...

It was one picture that needs to be preserved for posterity. When the two biggest icons of Indian sports -- Sania Mirza and Sachin Tendulkar -- shared the stage, the shutterbugs -- needless to say -- went crazy.

The event was to promote the Hyderabad half-marathon where the two biggest brands came together for the first time.

Later, Sachin revealed what exactly the two biggest names in Indian sport discussed during their tete-a-tete.

"I asked her about her injury; how she has been recovering. I also asked her about her birthday celebrations," Tendulkar said. "And yes, she also invited me, along with the complete Indian team, for the party," he added.

On her part, Sania said it was a dream come true. "Oh! I have always been thrilled about meeting Sachin. I have been fascinated not only by his achievements on the field, but also by the way he conducts himself off it.

It was one of my most memorable moments. He wished me for my 19th birthday and I invited him."

And any special presents for the birthday girl? "My greatest birthday present was to meet Sachin Tendulkar. Nobody can give me a better present," she gushed.

No comments: