Monday, March 07, 2005

Sania satisfied with her Dubai trip

Dubai, March 4: A day after her dream run came to an abrupt end at the $1 million Dubai Open women's tennis championship, tennis star Sania Mirza took the crushing defeat in her stride and gave full marks to her opponent World No. 28 Jelena Jankovic of Serbia and Monte-Negro."Tennis is such a game that you win some and lose some. She (Jankovic) played a great match and did not allow me to settle down," Sania told PTI looking back at her 2-6 2-6 defeat in the quarterfinals last night.

The Indian ace, who is sure to move up from her previous world ranking of 97, also brushed aside suggestions that she had a bad day in office.

"I don't think that it was a bad day. Overall, I'm satisfied with the way I had played this week," Sania said. Sania's stunning show here as a wild card saw her ousting world number 36 Jelena Kostanic of Croatia and US Open champion and world number 7 Svetlena Kuznetsova in the first two rounds.

The 18-year-old sounded quite confident and was not at all upset with the way her luck changed. "I may go home tomorrow. But I have not yet decided my plans," she said.

No comments: