Saturday, October 29, 2005

Sania to return to court in January

New Delhi: Plagued by a back injury which forced her to pull out of the Thailand Open, tennis ace Sania Mirza said she would be fit in two weeks and would be back in the circuit in January next year.

"I'm recovering well and the injury is much better now. I think it will take a couple of weeks more to heal completely," said the Hyderabadi teenager, who is here on a promotional campaign.

Asked when she expects to be back in the circuit, the 34th ranked player in the world said, "I think it will be in January."

Sania said she was looking forward to working with legendary coach Tony Roche, whose wards include World No 1 Roger Federer.

"I don't know what it's going to be, but yes I'm looking forward to working with him. I know I have some weaknesses like my serve and my fitness. I'm also having great help from (traveling coach) John (Farrington)," she said.

No comments: