Friday, September 15, 2006

I'm not as bad as being projected: Sania

Hyderabad, September 15: Tennis sensation Sania Mirza expressed confidence over her fitness levels, barring a minor problem with her wrist and hopes to have a good season ahead despite her fall in rankings."My fitness levels are fine now. Only that I have some problem with my wrist as it hurts on and off," Sania said during a promotional programme.

Sania, the solitary WTA title holder in the country, said she has matured as a player now and was working hard on some grey areas of her game.

"Earlier, I only had a good forehand. Now I have the entire game with me so is also the competition getting tougher," Sania, who slipped to 70 in the world ranking due to not so impressive recent performances, said. Brushing aside the talk of the form, the former Wimbledon junior doubles champion said, "in the game there are going to be ups and downs. The rankings go up and come down. I am concerned about my game and I am enjoying playing it." Sania said she did not feel that her form was as bad as being projected by the media.

"I am enjoying the game. There is bound to be some ebb and flow. Two years back no one expected me to break into world top 50. I may or may not win a Grand Slam even but still I enjoy the game," she said.

No comments: