Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sania mirza - new challenges ahead in 2010

AFTER a roller- coaster ride in the season gone by, Sania Mirza is looking for a fresh start in 2010.

Currently ranked 58 on the WTA computer, the highlight of her year was not in singles, but winning the mixed doubles title at the Australian Open with Mahesh Bhupathi.But Sania remains unfazed

when asked about the challenges ahead.

" I am reasonably satisfied at finishing my fifth consecutive year in the top 100. Apart from my wrist that troubled me occasionally, I think I am right now in my best physical shape ever and that actually helped me to stay in the top- 60," Sania told MAIL TODAY on Monday.

A lot of people are wondering if Sania can again scale the peaks or will be content to settle down with fiance Sohrab next year.

" I am feeling pretty confident of using my past experience in improving my ranking during the 2010 season. As long as I am playing professionally, tennis will always remain my top priority," said Sania, putting to rest all speculation about her future.

Sania is working a lot on her fitness and gearing up for the grind ahead. Apart from the WTA Tour events and the Grand Slams, she is fully focussed on doing well at the Commonwealth Games and the Asian Games.

" The Commonwealth Games and the Asian Games are very important events for me. And I'm excitedly looking forward to playing in them," says Sania.
.
http://saniam.blogspot.com

No comments: