Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sania mirza want Gold medal in london olympics

Inclusion of mixed doubles event in the London Olympics has come as fresh motivation for Sania Mirza to continue playing and the Indian tennis ace feels it would be best opportunity for India to win a medal.

The International Olympic Committee had recently given its nod to the mixed doubles event for the 2012 Summer Games.

"I am excited because we probably have the best chance of getting a medal in mixed doubles. I think that has put a halt to my retirement plans now," Sania said.

The Hyderabadi though parried a question on who she would like to partner out of two legendary Indian players -- Leander Paes or Mahesh Bhupathi.

"I'm very lucky to be (playing) in this generation, to have the opportunity to be around Mahesh and Leander, two of the best doubles players of all times. I am very excited.

http://saniam.blogspot.com

No comments: