Thursday, June 23, 2005

I loved it: Sania

LONDON: "As a kid you always dream of playing on the Wimbledon Centre Court. For me, it came true very early in my life,'' said Sania Mirza after losing a close match to Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia in the second round on Wednesday.

"It's everyone's dream. I loved it. It was great. I enjoyed every minute out there,'' she said.

Sania said she couldn't go to sleep last night as she was thinking about her first centre court appearance.

"I was a little nervous at the start but shut everything out and tried to play my best tennis,'' Sania said. "When you are out there, you forget all that.''

Saying it was a "close match where we matched each other shot for shot,'' Sania said what separated her from Kuznetsova was "that volley she made on breakpoint (in the last game of the match).''

No comments: