Monday, September 19, 2005

I'm bound to lose some matches: Sania

Kolkata, September 17: Tennis sensation Sania Mirza on Saturday rubbished the criticism that she was inconsistent and urged her fans to accept the reality that she was bound to lose some matches.Addressing a media conference shortly after arriving in the city to play the USD 170,000 WTA Open, Sania also said she was working on her service and exuded confidence of finishing triumphant in the event.

Asked whether her first round loss in the WTA Open at Bali soon after her spectacular showing at the Flushing Meadows was largely due to the inconsistency factor in her game, Sania shot back "You think so? I was 141 at the beginning of the year and am 34 now, I do not think that is inconsistent".

"I think people should start facing reality, they should start accepting the fact that I am going to lose matches," said the 18-year-old, who has been seeded third in the Sunfeast Open beginning on Monday. On her straight set loss at Bali to unheralded Russian Ekaterina Bychkova, Sania said, "I do not think it was inconsistency, it was a bad day. And this is not the first time or last time, such bad days have or will come. You just have to take these things in your stride and move ahead".

Sania said she was working on her service but refused to elaborate. "I can't explain exactly what I'm doing. Whatever I can I'm trying to do," she said.

But she admitted that her efforts had suffered because of repeated injuries.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CRN WEB Blogs
Level Platforms Managed Services Software for VARs Why do more than 500 VARs now use Managed Workplace remote monitoring and management software to provide high margin recurring managed services for their SMB ...
Wishing you well with your blog. I have a cycle site. It helps to connect people who are interested in cycle related stuff.

Perhaps you could visit if you get time. if you get time.