Monday, September 26, 2005

Partnering Pascal was great experience: Sania

Kolkata, Sept. 26.: Tennis sensation Sania Mirza says she has gained a lot from her partnership with world's top doubles player Virginia Ruano Pascual in the $ 1,70,000 WTA Sunfeast Open.

"I have learnt a lot from her and I now understand the doubles game better than before," Sania said after losing to the top seeded pair of Anastasia Myskina and Elena Likhovtseva in the semifinal here.

"I enjoyed all the matches I played along with her and we tried our best to put up a good show," the 18-year-old Heyderabadi said reflecting on her doubles' performance in the tournament.

Commenting on the semifinal, she said it was a very close match that could have gone either way.

"I am definitely disappointed. But then you win some and you lose some," said Sania.

No comments: